A bird hide was installed in the Waikoko wetland and a new picnic table was also set up during the FOMI weekend working bee in March.
A big thank you to the many people who helped make this happen:
- OMV for sponsoring this project.
- The DOC team of rangers Nick and Otis for help on the ground and the delivery logistics.
- Porirua DOC staff for helping with biosecurity and delivery to the island.
- All the FOMI volunteers who have contributed to this project.
- Adrian for designing and assembling the picnic table (without seeing the old timbers it would be made from).
- Steve Newland and his building crew from Organised Chaos for putting the bird-hide together in a day.